Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quando Caliente El Sol


Rosewood Hotels invited me to experience their new property in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. I had heard of it, but never visited. What an experience! Continental Airlines provided the air and believe it or not, every flight was exactly on time. Once there, “experience” described every single second. The hotel did a very smart thing. They allowed us to relax and leisurely explore not only the hotel (yes, spa was a gift to all of our group) but also the town and the surroundings.

So if you don’t know about it, look it up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qpBVsW7w4)  because it is wondrous. Safe. Clean. Interesting. The art is amazing. Everywhere. And there are ruins (I’m a sucker for history and ancient ruins) nearby that help you understand the area better. So much to see, and to buy (yes, support the local economy is my mantra) and taste. Tequila tastings (even though I don’t drink I made an exception), fine food beautifully presented, blue skies, and wonderful people. And the hotel is gorgeous and gracious with exemplary staff. Look it up on line (www.rosewoodsanmiguel.com/en/index.cfm) Somehow my medications disappeared on one of the flights and the concierge had a replacement for me within an hour of my reporting them missing.

Kind of sad to return home before seeing everything there. And cannot wait to return.



No comments:

Post a Comment